SICA03F Porsche 962 Fortuna #17
2nd LeMans 1986
J. Pareja - O. Larrauri - J. Gouhier
Porsche 962 is a sport-prototype racing car created to replace the
already successful Porsche 956, in order to allow its presence
in the Americans IMSA and WSC Group C competitions.
It was one of the most successful racing cars ever and it won several
competitions all over the world:
- -World Sport Prototype Championship in 1985 and 1986
- -24h Le Mans in 1986, 1987 and 1994
- -IMSA GTP Championship in 1985, 1986, 1987 and 1988
- -24h Daytona in 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989 and 1991
- -12h Sebring in 1985, 1986, 1987 and 1988
There were two versions of this car : "962" for the IMSA Championship,
"962C" for the Group C racings.
Compared to P956 the chassis had been modified according to changed
FIA safety rules, but it had the same
2650cc engine.Car n.17 ended 2nd at Le Mans 1986.